Saturday, July 03, 2004

Looking for DVDs

With my wife doing some work tonight I decided to rent a movie. I went to Movie.com and went through every recently released movie. Here is the list I came up with:

Blow-up - Michelangelo Antonioni
Dirty Pretty Things - Stephen Frears
In This World - Michael Winterbottom

Dirty Pretty things was checked-out and I chickened-out when I looked at the actual DVD case for In This World: it looked too intense.

Going to the video store is such a complicated calculus. I am always balancing my current mood with the tone of the available movies. By tone I mean pictures on the cases and 5-word review blurbs on the back of the case. It is rare when I find a perfect match.

I ended up in the foreign film section and found Russian Ark in the Russian section and SLC Punk in the independent section. (For some reason, Blow-Up was not in the Italian section).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home